[r-t] Unclassified (Was: ?CCBR meeting - Methcom, proposals)

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Fri Jun 3 12:16:28 UTC 2016

I remember thinking something along the lines suggested by RAS - "I want
classification to besomething that happens once there is an established
trend towards a particular style of method" - round about 1997 when
Variable Cover was being discussed. This is an example of a type which
becomes passingly fashionable - e.g., 14 peals in 2009/10 and only eight
since - and then disappears. However, is does seem when someone invents
something new, they do have a habit of demanding Decision change. A
'bucket' for as yet not classified methods is the ideal solution but
this will not satisfy some!

Previously we have had compliant and non-compliant. Will human nature
think of classified and non-classified in any better light? There will
always be one who complains!

REHW