[r-t] The future hosting of ringing-theory

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Tue Sep 20 19:24:59 UTC 2016

As many list subscribers will be aware, John Camp, who has
provided hosting for the ring-theory list since it began,
has terminal primary liver cancer.  To ensure this list
continues to function, John has arranged for The Ringing
World to take over the hosting of it.

I will be handling the technical side of hosting the list on
behalf of The Ringing World, and plan to migrate it to the
new server at midnight tomorrow (Wednesday) tonight (UK
time), a process I expect to complete within two hours.  I
will confirm once it is complete.  Any posts made to the
list during the migration window may not get through.

Subscribers shouldn't notice many differences after the
transition.  The list address will remain unchanged and the
list archives will remain accessible via the same URLs.
Phil Earis continues to run the list.

Should you have any queries or experience any problems after
the move, please contact me.

Richard