[r-t] Consultation

Alan Burlison alan.burlison at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 18:58:45 UTC 2017

On 09/04/2017 13:34, Don Morrison wrote:

>> ​Well, at least I now know what people mean by Plain Bob-type
>> lead-heads :-)
>
> Are you sure? Have a look at ​how the various letter groups of Plain
> Bob lead heads are defined for methods at odd stages....

Err, easy, no?

"A method is said to have Plain Bob-type lead-heads if it can be started
from a change such that the treble leads at the lead-end changes, and
the lead-heads and lead-end rows all occur in a course of Plain Bob."

Then again, perhaps not - my tongue was definitely in the vicinity of my
cheek ;-)

> While I understand the "logic" of it, I, at least, have always found
> it counterintuitive.​​

That puts you miles ahead of me, then :-) As I said, I lurk on here and
was just curious about what the "rules" being referenced were, from a
brief glance it's clearly an arcane area - it must be easy to
misinterpret or miss one of the rules, so I can understand the desire to
replace them with something better. More power to your collective elbows.

--
Alan Burlison