[r-t] Latest draft of Decisions changes for 2017

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Mon Apr 17 00:17:46 UTC 2017

On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote:

https://cccbr.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Technical-motion-for-2017-3.pdf

> Comments welcome but probably too late for any major changes now.

Thanks for sending this.

Your revised wording for D.(A)9 seems a big improvement on the earlier
draft. Thank you.

While I'm still puzzled about what "full circle-style" actually means, and
whether or not a rope is required, over all the revised wording for D.(A)6
is also an improvement over the earlier draft, especially the much needed
elimination of the notion of "simulated peals".

I will need to muse more on the changes to D.(B), but at first glance it
all seems to hang together and make sense.

And, of course, as before, I am delighted by the change to D.(A)2. In
addition, the method renamings you propose all seem eminently sensible,
assuming the bands that rang them agree; and I'm pleased to see you are
being sensitive to the need to have them have a say in the matter.

Unless I think of something I've overlooked, I expect I will be urging
those CC members who represent me to vote in favor of all these changes,
and hope others do similarly.

And thank you also for updating the web page to include these latest
revisions. It is encouraging to see that page have some life now.

Any news on the terms of reference?

"Being, I imagine, must be very simple, it is Becoming
which is so messy."
     -- Alice Sheldon, quoted by Carmela Ciuraru, _Nom de Plume_