[r-t] Classification

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sat Apr 22 19:53:19 UTC 2017

Tim writes,

> I like the approach of not further classifying hunters where the hunt bell
> doesn't go through 1st's place.
> I also like the idea of dropping the Hybrid hunter classification,
> including dropping Little for Hybrids even when the hunt bell goes through
> 1st's place.

Yes... I don't think anyone particularly cares about the "Hybrid" class,
do they (if you do stand up now)! However I am a little wary about
putting too much emphasis on the Particles methods, and Gluon in
particular. Changing the whole classification system to get rid of
classifiers on these particular methods shouldn't be the focus, in my
view. We need to look wider than this.

I do think the "Little" tag is entirely appropriate for Hunters that we
are going to classify, and where the hunt bell doesn't visit the front.
I don't like the idea of introducing further special cases. If a hunt
bell bounces between 3rd and 6th's place, it's a Little path in my view.

Similarly, those treble-dodging methods where the hunt bell does more
than one dodge in each position - I see no merit in excluding them. They
are treble-dodging paths - the treble (or hunt bell) is dodging.