[r-t] "X above, Y below"

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Wed Aug 2 01:47:08 UTC 2017

I think these kind of things are much more likely to be true if they
are defined in a time-symmetric way.  E.g. one can declare that method X
will be rung for all the _changes_ where the 2 is swapping with the
treble.  (Or even have a different rule according to where in the row they
are swapping).

That way, it is impossible for two differnt "courses" starting from
differnt rows to coalesce.  Different starting rows will produce distinct
round blocks, aiding truth. (Still, in general it is possible for
different blocks to be false with each other, e.g. at a snap versus a lead
end, or even false with themselves).

Ander