[r-t] Pitman's 13440 change compositions

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Wed Aug 9 08:11:50 UTC 2017

Roddy
> They are both on page 287 of the RW for 1961 and I cannot think why I did
> not include No 1. There is a correction to No 2 on page 339 of that year.

Thanks Roddy.  Is anyone able to upload a scan / photo of these RW pages?

I see also that the other composition (#1? And is this the corrected
version?) is given on the CC Records Committee site in connection with the
1961 peal, though rather oddly it doesn't say what the methods are...

https://cccbr.org.uk/services/peal-records/peal-performance/?id=313

13440 Spliced Surprise Major in 6 methods
by Albert J Pitman

23456   M  W  H  Methods
________________________________
52436      -     RFWEWF.R
64235   -     -  R.FWEWFR.
24536   -        R.FWEWFR
65432   -     -  R.FWEV.
46532         -  RFWEV.
53462      -  -  RFWEWF.R.
45362         -  RFWEV.
34562      3  -  RFWEWF.BF.BF.R.
54632      2  -  RFWEWF.BF.R.
26435   -     -  R.FWEV.
32465      -     RFWEWF.R
42635      2  -  RFWEWF.BF.R.
56234   -     -  R.FWEV.
25634         -  RFWEV.
63254      -  -  RFWEWF.R.
26354         -  RFWEV.
32654      3  -  RFWEWF.BF.BF.R.
62534      2  -  RFWEWF.BF.R.
35426   -  -     R.FWEWF.R
42356      -  -  RFWEWF.R.
________________________________
3 part.

Chester Diocesan Guild
Norbury
Cheshire, St Thomas, Hazel Grove
On Saturday 20 May 1961, in 7 hours and 11 minutes
Tenor: 14½
13,440 Spliced Surprise Major
6 Methods
Composed by Albert J Pitman
1	Edward Jenkins
2	A Peter Whitehead
3	Bernard F L Groves
4	Basil Jones
5	C Kenneth Lewis (C)
6	John Worth
7	Robert B Smith
8	Brian Harris
The longest length of Spliced Surprise Major yet rung.

Umpire
Peter Laflin