[r-t] Bobs only Grandsire Triples

Simon Humphrey sh53246 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 15:08:07 UTC 2017

> Graham John wrote:
> I see that this is a 5040 with a complete bob course embedded to rotate 467.
>
> Could something similar be used to get a bobs only 5040+ of Grandsire
> triples?
>
> Chris Adams

You could take Robert Lee's bobs-only 5040 (which is an arrangement of Shipway’s / Johnson’s 5038, which in turn is an arrangement of Holt’s 10-part).
This starts at backstroke with 1325476 and finishes with 2164735.
If a plain lead is then allowed to occur the rows 1246375 / 1423657 are produced.
Continue with bobs at the next two leads followed by a plain lead, when it runs round at hand.
Total length is 5082, with 42 rows repeated, starting and finishing with rounds at handstroke.

The last three lead-ends are :

  246375
  ------
  423657
B 675432
  ------
  764523
B 532746
  ------
  357264
  234567

Alternatively this 5082, being a round block, could be started anywhere within the composition, for instance starting and ending conventionally with rounds at backstroke.

SH