[r-t] Bristol Max tit-tums comps

James Ramsbottom j.p.ramsbottom at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 13:54:48 UTC 2017

I think this is a nice idea. Essentially ringing a musical half-peal twice
with different back bell positions.

I've had a bit of a play around with calls to see what can be done. Moving
around the back bells between tittums and roll-ups is easy enough, and even
faster if half-lead calls are allowed. (Only need 1.5 leads in between.)
Getting between LB5 quick is more difficult. 6ths place calls at home
rotate bells 2-6 around like a before but in reverse, so a 23456 coursehead
can go to 64523 with 2 calls. (Again, half-lead calls can be beneficial
here.) A further 3 calls brings them home. Getting to the 24365 and 65432
courseheads are more difficult - unless a 123456 single is used of course!
sW, sH, sM, sW has the same effect, as does sM, sW, sH, sM, but both of
these are 10 leads long and give no music.

If the 7th is considered a little bell then obviously the possibilities for
LB5 increase. Could the little bells be put into tittums position as a
musical way of moving between LB5? With the back bells in tittums as well
this would give the mega-tittums course. The different lead end orders
offered by a spliced composition is one way to cut down on the non-musical
bits, but the band would need to be very strong to ring it! Does anybody
else thoughts on this?

I can't help feeling that LB4 are really musical ways to move between LB5...

James