[r-t] Bristol Max tit-tums comps

Jack Gunning jack.gunning at mac.com
Tue Jan 3 23:51:02 UTC 2017

I’ve been musing about a B12 comp.

I think 4-bell lb runs are a bit ‘meh’ on 12.  I prefer 5+ lb runs but there are only so many of them.  I think it’d be cool if there was a comp that maximised lb stuff by using tit-tums back bell positions to ring lb 5/6 courses ‘twice’.  I like the idea of the back 6 bells coursing - this spreads the back bells across the row and gets ‘most’ of the mega-titums effect (my personal, very debatable, view).  I prefer the idea of lb runs and back bell tit-tums to mega tit-tums, because it adds variety to the sound and because I think the back bells are most noticeable in tit-tums and 6 back bells in tit-tums spreads throughout the whole row on 12.  Just my view.

I’d rather a comp had multiple types of calls than transition trough duff back bell positions (duff back bell positions are particularly annoying).

An outline plan would be:
-some settling time, ringing lb5+ courses (something decent before the 4ths in my prototype below)
-some back bell tit-tums, transitioning through lb5+ courses (some decent stuff between the 6ths and 8ths place calls in my prototype below)
-some tenors together stuff to finish, ringing lb5+ courses (some suff after the 10ths below)

I like the idea of ringing some of the best lb courses more than once, e.g. the below has 20+ leads of 53246 and 64235.  I admit that 1890et and 123456 pns are inelegant.

Has anyone seen anything like this?  Is there any merit in this idea?  Should the idea/premise be refined?  Can it be implemented nicely?

Thanks for your time.

Jack

  1795E3T20486
  1T0E89674523
  1648203T5E79
  13527496E8T0
  19E7T5038264
  108T6E492735
  142638507T9E
  157392E4T608
4 1ET089674523
  16482T3E5079
  1352749608ET
  1907E5T38264
  1T8E60492735
  1426385T7E90
  15739204E6T8
6 10E9T8674523
  164T2E305978
  135274869T0E
  189705E3T264
  1ET069482735
  14263T5E7089
  1573829406ET
bs1908E7T65432
  1T5E30294867
8 124365789T0E
  179604E2T385
  1ET089573624
  15382T4E6079
  1462739508ET
  1907E6T48253
  1T8E50392746
  1325486T7E90
  16749203E5T8
  10E9T7865432
  185T3E204967
0 1243657890ET
  1796E4T20385
  1T0E89573624
  1538204T6E79
  14627395E8T0
  19E7T6048253
  108T5E392746
bS1234567890ET

2064 rows ending in 1234567890ET
Touch is true

bs = 1890et
bS = 123456

12 Bells
Peal = 8u, q, 6u, r, 6u, w, u, s, 10u, t, 6u, x

p=&x5x4.5x5.36.4x7.58.6x9.70.8x8.9x8x1, +2, "2 @"
q=&x5x4.5x5.36.4x7.58.6x9.70.8x8.9x8x1, +4, "4 @"
r=&x5x4.5x5.36.4x7.58.6x9.70.8x8.9x8x1, +6, "6 @"
s=&x5x4.5x5.36.4x7.58.6x9.70.8x8.9x8x1, +8, "8 @"