[r-t] Odd Start Grandsire Doubles

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sun Mar 5 21:58:05 UTC 2017

Robin asks,

> I would not normally contact this this line but I am surprised how
> /*few*/ there are. Are there any more?

You have probably got the right result, unless there are bugs in your
algorithm...

Am I right in thinking you are only looking at backstroke lead finishes?
I think this is what your second message implies. That presumably means
that, if you start with a plain, you must finish with a single, and vice
versa (at least if you want the touch to be true). So the backstroke
start and handstroke finishes are either:

13254 -> 12354

or:

12354 -> 13254

Isn't it the same touches which travel between these pairs of changes?
Why then have you got 5 of one and 15 of the other?

I may be being stupid.

MBD

---