[r-t] Extension

Alan Reading alan.reading at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 20 17:50:02 UTC 2017

|As I've said before, if someone comes up with an extension to a method,
and can demonstrate a good way of deriving it, that is excellent.

Yes from a purely mathematical perspective. But is there not a risk that
obsessing over extensions only encourages people to ring substandard
methods simply for the sake of them being an extension of some method they
have either heard of or like the name of?

Lower Snotscommon might well be a bad enough method on 8 without
encouraging the ringing of a royal version ;-)