[r-t] Methods Committee proposed proposed changes

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Thu Mar 23 14:28:04 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 10:06 AM, Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com>
wrote:
> However, I personally would change the wording slightly. Instead of
> "as quickly as possible", which is what both Tim's Framework and the
> MC's proposal say, how about "as quickly as is reasonably possible"?
> Or just "reasonably quickly"?

Another possibility might be "as soon as practical"? whatever "as..."
wording is chosen I suspect "soon" may be a more apposite adverb than
"quickly" in this context--a reasonable duration rather than simple haste
seems to be what we're aiming at.

"Beware of those who speak of the spiral of history; they
are preparing a boomerang. Keep a steel helmet handy."
      -- Ralph Ellison, _Invisible Man_