[r-t] just hard facts

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Sat May 6 09:59:21 UTC 2017

Needless to say, the previous mail was spam.  It got through
to the list because it was sent from Richard Knight's email
address, who is a genuine list subscriber.  As the mail
originated on a machine in Vietnam, I'm guessing it was sent
by a spammer who had stolen a copy of his address book.
This has happened before, but the list's spam detection
processes usually stop it.  As a temporary measure, I've
moderated Richard's posts to stop a recurrence; obviously
any legitimate mail will be allowed through.

RAS