[r-t] False methods

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Wed May 31 22:20:13 UTC 2017

1. Yes, the current Decisions have some wording about a method being
defined by its plain course. We will replace this next year - the lead
should be the basic defining unit of a method.

2. Probably all of those examples you give could be construed as new
methods, yes. I haven't looked at every single one.

3. The only construction which remains under the "block" category is the
single-lead method. If these are to be treated as methods then we need
to have a consistent approach to classifying them.

4. Yes, the number of methods at any given stage is now effectively
infinite.