[r-t] Question

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Mon Nov 20 16:41:58 UTC 2017

Hi all,

For some reason, I found myself looking at a random file to see if I
could delete it from my machine. In the file - a copy of some posts in
this list - I saw the following question posed (amongst others) and
unanswered: 'Has there ever been a tenors-together extent of major rung?'

Surely, given the usual meaning of 'tenors together', the answer to this
must be no. The extent of tenors together on eight must be one-third of
the whole extent. I think I am right in saying that the 40320 was rung
with three successive bobs affecting bells in 7ths-5ths-3rds place in
'each course'.

The context of the question sort of implies that an extent is available
which does not require this.

For the avoidance of doubt, I take 'tenors together' to mean 7
undisturbed by calls.

Just a thought
Robin