[r-t] Court Bob Minor

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Tue Sep 19 13:57:35 UTC 2017

Hi all,

In 2012, I conducted a 1440 of Yorkshire Court B6 at Barton-in-Fabis
(RW12/1073). This is the 2nds place version of the method referred to in
RAS's email. It has to be a 1440 since the method fails the test of what
I choose to call Smith's Theorem - which, in brief, states that if the
transposition between any to corresponding rows (treble in same place)
in the first lead is of odd order, then an extent is **impossible**.
However, if a 1440 with each treble-lead at both hand and back is used,
then each half-lead of the method is rung twice so, in effect, we have
half-lead spliced (Oxford & Plain here). There is a suitable 1440 by RDB
who was pleased to discover a problem for which he had provided a solution.

This followed on from Bishopthorpe Bob which is asymmetric with extents
(RW11/754). (A comparatively easy three part with 7 calls/part.)

I haven't checked, but I am willing to bet Alec Humphrey was conductor
in the Ockbrook band who seemingly has access to Annable. Michael
Foulds, at my prompting, put various rotations of the RDB 1440 for
different lead-end groups on the Whiting Society web-site.

Best wishes