[r-t] Court Bob Minor

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue Sep 19 17:15:00 UTC 2017

​On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Robin Woolley <robin at robinw.org.uk> wrote:
>  the method fails the test of what I choose to call Smith's Theorem
>  - which, in brief, states that if the transposition between any to
>  corresponding rows (treble in same place) in the first lead is of
>  odd order, then an extent is **impossible**

Uh, maybe I'm missing something, but the method in question doesn't meet
the antecedent criterion of this theorem/conjecture/heuristic/whatever,
does it? If it doesn't, why is this relevant?

"The best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting,
yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working."
                      -- Kenneth Grahame, _The Wind in the Willows_