[r-t] 41 atw made shorter Graham Scott

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 21:36:25 UTC 2018

On 27 April 2018 at 22:11, pgcellis <pgcellis at supanet.com> wrote:

> My understanding of the new CC rules was that the extra length can only be
> rung AFTER the complete round blocks have been completed. So Graham's
> composition would not be accepted as a peal.

Decision (D).B.1 says: ...shall consist of at least 5040 changes rung
in any combination of the following, each starting from rounds:-

(a) Extents, in which each of the possible rows at that stage occurs
once and only once.

(b) Round blocks of two or more extents in which each of the possible
rows at that stage occurs the same number of times.

(c) Not more than one touch in which each of the possible rows at that
stage occurs either n or n+1 times, for a given value of n greater
than or equal to zero.

So, any combination, and in any order. If you look at the properties
of Graham's composition on Complib
(https://complib.org/composition/39787) you will see that it confirms
that it comprises the rows from 7 complete extents and one incomplete
extent (i.e. n or n+1). A cleverly arranged and useful addition to the
repertoire.

Graham