[r-t] Extension to indefinitely many stages (was Practical Extension)

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri Aug 3 16:33:35 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 10:05 AM Robin Woolley <robin at robinw.org.uk> wrote:
> On this latter point, I was assured by certain list-members that it
> would be theoretically possible to show indefinacy.

Could you send a pointer to the relevant messages making this assertion,
please? I have searched the list’s archives in vain for such an assurance,
but would be interested in reading about it.

Interestingly, the most relevant thread seems to have been the very first
meaningful discussion on this list, in August 2004. However I could find
nothing in that thread making such an assurance; quite the contrary, the
discussion seemed loosely to imply the opposite, even for the tightly
restricted sub-case of treble single dodging methods.

“Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental
stability and being, like, really smart….and a very stable genius at that!”
    – Donald J Trump, Twitter, 18 January 2018