[r-t] Practical Extension

Hayden Charles hcharles at grandsire.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 22:32:35 UTC 2018

David Sullivan wrote on 03/08/2018 22:15:
> Hayden:
>> The reservation is there because the extensions of Bristol do not
>> preserve the extending-lead of Bristol Major.
>
> And? What is preserved is that the handstroke at the half lead is ....81. Why should this be less desirable than preserving extending lead?
>
> Dave

I was not seeking to justify the view, merely pointing out that what
seems 'obvious' now was not always accepted readily by some prolific
ringers. Bob Smith seemed unhappy at the loss of the mx property. My
comment was intended mainly as an historical footnote for some younger
members of the list.

To get the full context younger readers might seek out Robert Smith's
book 'My Life Among the Bells'.

Back to lurking.

HJC