[r-t] "Half lead" Spliced Maximus

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Sun Aug 5 13:50:18 UTC 2018

> On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 3:15 AM Simon Bond <simon.bond.lists at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> > Could you perhaps explain the notation for these first two?
> > They’re laid out like normal spliced, but the course heads clearly
> > indicate something else is going on.
>
> For each "lead", ring only as far as the half-lead before moving to
> the next method.

Many thanks.

I would suggest adding a note to the composition pointing out that that is
what’s going on, as I can see no way to ascertain that from the way it is
displayed.

And just to make sure I understand correctly: you only ever ring the first
half-lead of each method, making them exactly half-the-work compositions,
right?

> https://complib.org/composition/32257

> Oh, sorry.  Try this:

The revised link worked much better, thanks. Ι presume it is the same
notation, first half-lead of each method, only.

“The skeleton of the whale furnishes but little clue to the shape of
his fully invested body.”     – Herman Melville, /Moby-Dick/