[r-t] MUG Minor Revisited

Philip Saddleton pabs at cantab.net
Tue Aug 21 19:04:31 UTC 2018

On Sat, 2018-08-18 at 18:34 +0200, Philip Saddleton wrote:
> On 18 Aug 2018 5:12 p.m., Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

> >  lt would be very nice if a 7+1 extent block were possible with
> > bobs only, wouldn't it.
>
> All possible courses amount to the equivalent of 8 extents, or 4 if
> you exclude reversals. It should be straightforward to join two sets
> of courses into an 8 extent block - omit a maximally true set of
> courses for 7 and a bit.

Alternatively, find the longest true block (whole leads, bobs only)
that satisfies the Q-set rule - by bobbing the remaining elements of
the Q-sets we finish up with a set of blocks equivalent to four
extents. Discard the original, and join the others, with the aid of
another four extents if necessary.

PABS