[r-t] Central Council Methods Library

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Fri Jun 1 13:28:23 UTC 2018

I'm pleased to see that methods.org is back with its full complement of
files. For my part, I am interested primarily in the zips on that site.
However, the 'new' zipped file is just a list from 'Ayston Differential
Minimus' to 'Little Bob Twenty-two' which is, to mis-quote a common
shibboleth, not very user-friendly at all to my mind.

One of the criticisms of methods.org is/was that it's a private site.
Isn't complib a private site too? Shouldn't the method libraries be kept
on the same server as all the CC material?

Why do I like the zips by method type? One of the things we learn from
the 'zoo' sites is that the human eye is far better than a computer at
spotting patterns. I have recently been prompted to review my work on
lead-end groups of irregular methods for extension. It's easy to find
examples of irregular methods from the text files but why is the
important bit of the data - the place notation and lead-end - so far to
the rhs? It is far more important than the date of first ringing.

best wishes
Robin