[r-t] Roan (software)

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri Nov 29 01:40:11 GMT 2019

…
> I'm still tidying up other bits and pieces and hope to make them
> available in future versions of Roan

A new version of Roan, 9.0.0, is now available. Changes include:

• The method library it provides is now derived from the new CCCBR Methods
Library.

• The definitions of methods in Roan now follows the new classification
scheme in the CCCBR Framework for Method Ringing (FMR).

• There is now a mechanism for drawing blue lines, structured and annotated
in various ways, as Scalable Vector Graphics images. Note that software is
readily available for converting SVG files to other formats, such as PNG
and JPEG.

• There is now a call object, a flexible representation of calls allowing
the substitution, deletion and addition of changes at multiple points
within a lead, or even across two leads as is done in doubles variations.

“Lisp doesn't look any deader than usual to me.”
   — David Thornley, replying to a question older than
                     most programming languages