[r-t] Spliced Plain Major

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Thu Mar 5 18:30:39 GMT 2020

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 1:11 PM Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com> wrote:
> Out of interest, do you have software that helps you identify
> diverse sets of methods?

Not really. It’s mostly just looking at the textual format collections of
methods in Emacs, with a lot of regular expression searches and filters,
combined with guesswork. Though recently I’ve found some of the method
searching capabilities in Composition Library quite helpful, too: for
example, it just found me all the rung and named double plain methods.
Conveniently for today’s exercise, there are exactly twelve semi-normal
ones (there are two further oddballs, with the treble and tenor as hunt
bells).

“There is no creature whose inward being is so strong that
it is not greatly determined by what lies outside it.”
               — George Eliot, /Middlemarch/