[r-t] New mirror principles

Philip Saddleton pabs at cantab.net
Wed Feb 17 10:24:33 GMT 2021

On Mon, 2021-02-15 at 23:37 +0000, Richard Pullin wrote:
> On 15 Feb 2021 at 18:08:16, Philip Saddleton wrote:
>
> >This can be extended by effectively singling in the opposite block
> with a pair of >places in 45, though to keep it palindromic we lose
> the Original lead heads or >have to finish with x:
> https://complib.org/method/41177?>accessKey=12b86791088e5b6b4f0de5464
> 18aae0278ddd015
> >
> >I think this would best be rung with 14 bobs.
> >

> Perhaps 12 singles would be easier to work with. They might even make
> 5-part or 7-part extents attainable, like the 5-parts of
> Kidderminster Minor using 12 singles (see previous message)

The reason for using 14 bobs would be that they don't introduce any
work that does not already occur somewhere else in the method. Another
way of looking at it is as a touch of a 12 change
principle https://complib.org/method/41191?accessKey=5622dd9647f4f9d81c421ac85ed7c7478b8c3f2b
 with 14, 18 and 1458 calls.

PABS