[r-t] Framework v2

Ted Steele bells at tedsteele.plus.com
Sun Jun 13 20:56:17 BST 2021

On 13/06/2021 19:11, Tim Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 8:00 AM Philip Earis <pje24 at cantab.net
> <mailto:pje24 at cantab.net>> wrote:
>
>     ... please don't go down this reactionary rabbit hole of
>     mandating qp lengths to name new methods - ....
>

> Thanks for the feedback -- very helpful.  We've also received 3 other
> submissions to the consultation that object to this change (and none
> supporting it), so it looks as though the outcome will be to keep the
> option to name a new method via an extent in version 2.

The band that first rings a method and publishes it, such that the
acting of publishing requires the method to have a name, should be and
are the only logical person(s) to have naming rights, and names so given
should stick. The length of the performance is immaterial. As to what
publishing means, it should be bringing the performance to the attention
of the ringing fraternity so that it can be included in records. That
implies publishing in RW or BB or indeed anywhere else as long as the
fact is brought to the notice of the record keepers. I am not much
bothered with many of the finer details of V2 but I am pleased to see
that the proposed alteration is unlikely to go ahead.

Ted