[r-t] New Surprise Minor Composition

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Sat Mar 6 22:12:16 GMT 2021

John wrote:

> A question for those with a greater understanding than me of the
Framework for method ringing, does it
> now allow you to have calls that shorten the lead of a method?  If that's
the case then the short lead
> could potentially be classified as a "shortened" lead of Wooler rather
than a new little method.

Yes, the Framework covers the use of calls that shorten or lengthen a lead.
I am not aware of this being exploited though. There are a number of
compositions where I have thought that they would be more simply expressed
by the use of such calls rather than defining and splicing new methods. It
is also something I intend to support in Complib, but have not yet got
round to. Some examples would be good upon which to test the design for it.

Graham