[r-t] Shortening leads

John David johnedavid at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 11:31:49 GMT 2021

Hi All

About half a century ago I thought of splicing little, plain, and alliance surprise minor, easily done by splitting leads of a single method by adjusting places which include the treble. The resulting course would typically be one plain lead, two alliance leads, and two little. At the time I could find no reference to it having being done before. The only problem was not having a capable band.

If one should do this nowadays, under the current decisions, would the shortened or lengthened lead have the same name as its parent, as it might easily be an already-named other method, for an absurd example Bastow could easily be a possibility if the lengthening/shortening was to occur while the treble was in 12.

John David

Guernsey