[r-t] Calls that shorten or lengthen a lead

PeterScott peter at homescott.free-online.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 15:27:58 GMT 2021

Graham: "... Framework covers the use of calls that shorten or lengthen
a lead. I am not aware of this being exploited though. ... I intend to
support in Complib, but have not yet got round to. Some examples would
be good upon which to test the design for it."

(1)
Raccoon Minor
https://complib.org/method/33927

and the composition from bellboard referenced under Performances.

https://bb.ringingworld.co.uk/comp.php?id=2267366

the Raccoon Extreme extends the lead by fortytwo changes (the Ultimate
Answer)

(2)
Lockdown with a book of squared paper gives much entertainment and some
very useful calls that shorten the lead (for example) of
Primrose Surprise Minor
https://complib.org/method/14570

Need some new notation for these calls:
Take three successive plain courses of Primrose Surprise Minor, and with
omissions, there is no need for further calls to create a delightful
shorter touch thus:

first sixth and eleventh leads: omit first change and third to
twentythird inclusive
other leads: omit first to eleventh change and thirteenth to twentythird
changes.

I'm sure there will be better examples along shortly
Regards
PeterScott
Sheffield
:-)