[r-t] 3024 Stedman Triples by T. Thurstans?

Andrew Johnson andrew_johnson at uk.ibm.com
Thu Jun 9 08:05:54 BST 2022

>A question for the Stedman experts.
>How can I join together 12 Thurstans blocks to get 3024, using some combination of singles and extras/omits?
>Thanks,
>Simon
The question was also posted on Facebook, but to record the answers more permanently here:

>From me: "Yes, you can get a 3024 using various 3 course blocks from Thurstans' peals but the ones I have found look a bit messy with 6 or 7 different block types, and there were no more than 3 instances of the classic Thurstans block."
https://complib.org/composition/97941

Alex Frye: I appreciate this isn't quite what you asked for, but if finding something easy to ring is more important than an elegant composition then just ring the original four part composition and insert a bob at 1 in the second course of the 12th block.

Philip Saddleton: It is possible if the singles are not a q-set:
https://complib.org/composition/97965

Andrew Johnson

Unless otherwise stated above:

IBM United Kingdom Limited