[r-t] RE: Exceptions

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Wed Nov 10 09:25:19 UTC 2004

My thanks to Andrew Tyler for supplying the source of my quote who says:

George Santanaya was a resident of my current home
town (Boston, MA) for forty years.

Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana (1863 - 1952)

The quote is:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to
repeat it."
Life of Reason, Reason in Common Sense, Scribner's,
1905, page 284

Given that Anglia 10 and 12 are related - there is no doubt about this
within current interpretations - then Linconlshire S. Major seems to be no
longer related to the royal under the same decision, (G)B7. The reason is
that in major, places are made under the treble when dodging in 7-8. The
interpretation has always been that extensions below the treble are counted
from the lead head, so, to comply with (G)B7, places need to be made in the
royal when the treble is dodging in 7-8. In thed royal, these places have
been moved to 9-10. This was 'legal' before May31st.

Isn't there a good case to be made that works are as important as place
notation. All the front work variations of Lincolnshire, such as Vancouver,
seem to be in-extendible dus to giving non-pb lead end.

Just a thought

Robin