[r-t] Non-distinct fragments

Andrew Tibbetts ajwxyzt at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 20 21:48:03 UTC 2004

>C.1 ... In the case of compositions containing changes of method at both
>the
>half-lead and the lead-head, all the methods shall be symmetrical about the
>half-lead with no two of them differing only in the places made at the
>half-lead and/or the lead-head.
>
>This decision prohibits compositions with half lead changes of method from
>including asymmetric methods (even if these methods are included as full
>leads)

... only if you have lead-head changes as well

which, let's face it, is fair enough. you could ring 1 grid of cambridge
before changing to a different grid at the half-lead, claiming it as a
random asymmetric method with a completely different string of notation for
your second, unrung, half of the lead. but that just wouldn't be cricket.

>and it does not deal with fragments, such as finishing a peal of
>Surprise at the snap with only two changes of that method in the peal.

I've rung at least one peal finishing with 2 rows of Cambridge S to get a
required length. AFAIK it hasn't been chucked out.

and with the plain bob -> cambridge snap case, C1 doesn't appear to apply.

xyz