[r-t] A Review of Diary Compositions

Ian Partridge ipartridge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 11:57:05 UTC 2004

My personal bug-bears are the inclusion of all those triples methods
noone ever rings, and the comp for Smith's 23. How many people ever
turn up for a peal and think "oh damn, we need an emergency
composition. Smith's 23!".

Including Beverley AND Surfleet is pointless, Carlisle should be
included instead of one (so that there is an example of every backwork
from the 41). Having Kent AND Oxford TB is similarly pointless. The
surprise minor compositions need reformatting.

The Grandsire Triples quarters seem a bit crusty to me, and why oh why
is Scientific in there?? A quarter peal of half-lead 8-spliced??

The whole thing needs redoing. A fresh start I say.

Ian

--
Ian Partridge