[r-t] Falseness in cyclic methods [Was: Carlisle, Minor Music, Wraps, Cyclic focus]

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Thu Dec 16 13:48:52 UTC 2004

Richard Smith wrote:

> Rotationally-symmetric methods are rather more complicated.
> Several years ago, I generated a table of the falseness
> groups for rotationally-symmetric cyclic methods.  (I can
> probably dig out a copy if anyone wants it.)  Unfortunately
> I can't locate a description of exactly how I did it.

It looks like I was wrong about this -- the situation is
actually quite similar to glide-symmetric methods, and so,
for fixed-treble falseness, glide-symmetric methods should
be treated the same as asymmetric methods.  The reason for
this is that the symmetry relates pairs of rows with the
treble in different positions.

Richard