[r-t] Peals of spliced / methods committe query

Don Morrison dfmorrison at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 16:24:16 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:44:09 -0000, Philip Earis <Earisp at rsc.org> wrote:
> In the composition for the 478 methods, some of the methods only
> differed "in the places made at the half-lead and/or the lead-head".
> Thus the peal does not conform to the decisions and should therefore be
> kicked out.  This seems very clear to me.

I sure hope that by "should therefore be kicked out" you only mean
that the claim of what they rang should be kicked out, and that it
should not be asserted that they didn't ring a peal. I've not thought
about it enough to have an opinion on how such a peal should be
recorded, but I'm confident that what they did ring was an impressive
performance, worthy of being recorded as a peal of something.

--
Don Morrison <dfm at mv.com>