[r-t] Re: Real

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Thu Feb 24 14:00:14 UTC 2005

RAS said "I don't think PABS is disputing that a suitable composition
of Bristol can be a "Real Double" composition.  What I think
he is saying is that, the "Real" adjective [applies] to the [adjective]
Double..."

If this is so, why can't pabs say it for himself? It's not what he *seemed*
to be saying.

Some time ago, Don Morrison, who, as you all know, includes a quote at the
end of his msgs, included one such concerning the difference between written
and spoken words. I can't find it, but the burden was all about emphasis.

If you write something, there is not necessarily a particular emphasis on
any
word unless you choose to give it one and it is therefore up to the reader
to make whatever assumptions they like.

Robin.