[r-t] How much of a method do you need to include? (was Proof

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Mon Aug 11 00:30:18 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com> wrote:
> And nor do I like peals of Rutland,

This is a complete aside, and of no relevance to the ongoing debate.
And I am most emphatically not trying to restart the "Method X is
better than method Y" debate. It's more a sociological question. And I
really am curious.

When saying "I don't like peals of X" the value that X is almost
universally bound to is Rutland. Why? I'm reasonably sure people who
don't like peals of Rutland don't like peals of other things, even
something just as standard, Lincolnshire. Why do we always pick
Rutland?

--
Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org>
"[I] am rarely happier than when spending an entire day