[r-t] Double Treble-Bob Maximus Methods

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Tue Dec 15 21:37:39 UTC 2009

Interesting, Andrew. Capital Delight looks like an excellent method. Is
there a reason though why e.g. Sweetie Delight is shown as 3456x3456 instead
of 34x34? Also what is "swi"?

These remind me of some Double methods I composed around the same time as
Snow Tiger, but never published. Here's a few of them:

Aotearoa Delight
-5-4.5-2.3-2-1-e-0.e-8.9-8-e lh12

Binary Star II Delight
34-34.1-56-36-34-1-90-70-8-1.90-90.E l12

Neutron Star II Delight
-34-4-2-1-78-58-56-1-E-9-90-1 l1T

I had one with the property that every row of the plain course of Plain Bob
Maximus was embedded in it (without using Kent motifs everywhere), but think
I've lost that one unfortunately.

Most of these can be made more interesting by jamming the overwork of one
with the underwork of another (e.g. Snow Tiger plus Aotearoa is good I seem
to remember). In terms of ringability and interest in the blue line it's
often better not to have a double method, and in this vein I composed a few
along the lines of the Royal methods Red Dressing Gown, Raspberry Crumble
and friends, which looked good - masses of coursing music and fabulous
lines. Maybe one day I'll get to ring them...

MBD