[r-t] Ben Constant's Yorkshire Royal

Alan Reading ar5597 at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Jan 14 00:29:57 UTC 2009

I imagine Ben's was composed with the intention of including the little
bell courses it does. In my opinion it is this which makes the
composition really worthwhile. Keith's I suspect was composed with the
intention of maximising Cru's in a simple 2 part structure, a job which
it does pretty well. Given that the peals were clearly produced
idependantly I feal that what is important here is the composers intent.
If you wish to ring the compostion mainly for the purpose of Cru's use
Keith's rotation and attribute it to him, if you wish to ring the
composition mainly for the purpose of little bell runs then use Ben's
rotation and attribute it to him.

Cheers,
Alan