[r-t] Proportion of Surprise Methods

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Fri Mar 27 08:11:10 UTC 2009

Don writes,

> That may not be what you, or even I, might like to think of as principal
> and secondary hunts.

If you look at the method (Grandsire), there is absolutely no difference
between the two hunts. It would be impossible to codify any rule
distinguishing them (even if you wanted to) without reference to something
other than the method itself - e.g. calls. But you can ring whatever calls
you want, so the MC is in my view absolutely correct (for once!) to exclude
them from the definition and classification of a method.

MBD