[r-t] surpise minor with triple-dodging treble

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri Sep 10 13:19:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk> wrote:
> I forgot to add that both methods can be rung "legally" by ringing a 1440.
> 3(IOI) for Ander's and 3(WHW) for Philip's.

Though, bizarrely, a band ringing that 1440 all by itself, say as a
quarter, would not be entitled to name the method. While a band
ringing just a "legal" 720 of it all by itself, say on a practice
night and not even as part of a quarter, would be so entitled. As
would a band that included just a half lead of it in a peal. Go
figure.

--
Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org>
"What use were photographs, I thought, whether genuine or not. In