[r-t] 4 Spliced All the Work

Robert Lee rlee5040 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 22:13:51 UTC 2010

At Mon Sep 20 17:03:30, John Goldthorpe wrote:
>Perhaps I should have pointed out that the reason I thought it worth sending my
>compositions
>
>was that they are all-the-work AND tenors-together. I composed a 1536 years ago
>which is
>
>on ringing.org. I had long thought that a shorter length might not be possible,
>but now I have
>
>proved myself wrong.

I like these quarters, John, but is it possible to have the same qualities with
any more changes

of method? The challenge of Horton's Four is, to me, the frequent changes of
method, as is the

case in Roddy's classic peal.

I've found this in my yellowing archives - it's only 67% of all the work, but
has a change of method

every lead. Surely by using a one part format, this could be improved?

Rob

1280 Spliced S. Major (4m)
(320 Belfast, Bristol, Glasgow, London, 39 com)

B    M    W    H    23456
2                   56342    FBL.BG.FBF
     -    -         43265    L.G.B
     -    -         62534    L.G.F