[r-t] Minor extents with single changes

Matthew Frye matthew at frye.org.uk
Fri Feb 10 16:41:55 UTC 2012

On 10 Feb 2012, at 16:07, Don Morrison wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Matthew Frye <matthew at frye.org.uk> wrote:
>> There are internal falseness issues with the standard 720 for treble bob methods with single changes in the wrong place.
>
> BTW, it's not just single changes. Arranging the double changes in a
> cross section inappropriately results in the same difficulty.

Yes, I didn't think of that, would clearly cause problems too.

Tangentially: I know such methods* don't produce extents in general, but are there specific cases where they can? I can't see a reason they shouldn't if you allow singles and have a carefully crafted method, but I am not aware of any examples.

*I should probably define which such methods I'm talking about for the avoidance of doubt/avoidance of dozens of messages attempting to clear it up. I'm interested in treble dodging (single dodges) minor methods with palindromic symmetry in which one or more treble positions appear twice + or twice - in each half lead. As exemplified by Kelvinbridge S Minor. (5 leads to the plain course would be nice, but not really necessary.)

MF