[r-t] [Fwd: 8 Spliced]

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Thu Mar 15 20:50:27 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Alexander Holroyd <holroyd at math.ubc.ca> wrote:
> How about also including the most muscial course of Bristol and the most
> musical course of Pudsey, etc, in their entirity.

A vaguely relevant aside:

If all one is concerned with is maximizing the number of runs of four
or more consecutive bells, at the front or back of the row, there are
two tenors together courses tied for "best" in Bristol. Unsurprisingly
one is 32546. Perhaps I'm just showing my naïveté, but I am surprised
that the other is the rarely used, out of course 24356. Though neither
has the delicious variety of rollups found in the 45362 course of
Superlative. And, sadly you can't have all of both of those Bristol
courses in the same composition, as they are false against one
another. But the good news is they are both true against the 45362
course of Superlative!

--
Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org>
"It is one of those odd compositions which at times slipped from [his