[r-t] 8 spliced atw 7com

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Thu Mar 29 08:37:08 UTC 2012

Don write,

> Let me make sure I understand this correctly: do the following two
> touches have different numbers of changes of method?

No, they are same, silly! Join the round-block up into a circle. There
are 8 changes of method, the same as in the snap-finish. They would have
been different if the the last method was Belfast, of course, because
then the round-block has an extra change.

Note that, treated as a two-part, the second composition also has four
com per part. This property holds for all strict multi-part round-blocks
in the "proper" way of counting com.

MBD