[r-t] Pipe's Particles

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Sun Nov 25 15:11:56 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 6:50 AM, Simon Gay <Simon.Gay at glasgow.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 23/11/2012 11:38, Graham John wrote:
>> My method software agrees with this naming based upon CC classification,
>> but
>> throws up an additional problem of Strange and Bottom being false in the
>> plain course. I haven't had the chance yet to investigate more fully.
>
> I suppose this can be fixed by changing the lead end place and considering
> the place notation from the peal description to be a bobbed lead.

Surely a better solution is for the CC to correct its Decisions to
accurately reflect what real ringers choose to ring. This is not
the first peal that has included methods that are false in the plain
course. The prohibition of methods false in their plain course has
clearly outlived whatever usefulness it may once have had.

--
Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org>
"In 1210 a Church council at Paris condemned Amalric and David, and