[r-t] Rebel Alliance Maximus

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Mon Jul 21 09:48:01 UTC 2014

I see a peal of a new Adam Brady method, "Rebel Alliance Maximus" was rung
at the weekend and is proving relatively popular on BellBoard
(http://www.bb.ringingworld.co.uk/view.php?id=342435).

The method is double and k-group (4-pivot), with 64 changes per lead. The
treble skates through the the middle, spending longer at the front and
back with hunting to points in 1,4 and 9,T:

&50.9x8.7x6x7.8x9.50.36x30x70.38.4x5.6x7x6.5x4.38.1, 1

It's good to see new double methods, as well as thinking beyond the
constraints of well-worn treble paths.  The Rebel Alliance "blue line" is
certainly rather fiendishly fiddly (other than the stability in 1-2 and
E-T). I'm sure it took a fair bit of concentration to ring, so credit to
the band.  Using 10ths-place bobs, with the minimal disruption they
involve, was a sensible choice.

Musically, I'm rather non-plussed. Music and blue-line complexity are not
always comfortable bedfellows. Other than the regular half-leads and
lead-ends there aren't any runs longer than 7 bells, with an additional
sprinkling of rigel-over music like 7890TEs.  If the lack of music was
intentional to increase ringing complexity, it would be possible to jack
this up even more so.

===
5175 Rebel Alliance Maximus
Composed by A G Reading
2  6  9  E 23456
-  -  -    45362
      -    56342
      -    64352
   s       24356
s        - 23456789ET0
         - 23456789T0E
         s 234567890TE
s         (243567890TE)

10ths place calls.

Round at the treble?s handstroke point lead 119 rows after the last call.
57 little bell rollups at the back.
51 little bell rollups off the front.
===