[r-t] Minor Blocks: Poll results

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Wed Jul 16 19:44:31 UTC 2014

JR1F writes,

> I don't like the fact that 6ths-place Morning Star turns into a differential
> hunter with 2 hunt bells.  However: nths-place Plain Bob turns from a
> conventional hunter with a well-formed treble path into a principle.  Would
> anybody argue that nths-place Plain Bob should be considered a separate
> method to plain hunt?  If not, what is the difference between the two cases?

I don't think there really is any difference between the two cases. The
more I think about it, the more I think that 6th's place Morning Star is
really a twin hunter with a lead of 12 changes. It doesn't seem right to
make an exception for these cases. A single-lead method barely qualifies
as a TD method at the best of times, perhaps, anyway!

MBD